Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Time flies by

Had a glimpse of the movie, Butterfly Effect, while passing a VCD shop today. Its about this guy who has lapses in memory while he was a kid and realised that he is able to go back in time to these lapses and change history. Those lapses in his life are considered the key junctions in the timeline of his life. I 've thought about this plenty of times before. In everyone's life, there are many decisions, actions in our lives that make who we are now. If we have done things differently, our lives would be very much different from where we are not. We might even be very different people right now. So I was thinking, what are some of the key points in my life?

2001 Oct onwards

I've signed on to the Army, thus marking the point where I don't have to join the rat race in society. After signing on, so much has happened. I've got to know so much more people in my years in the Army. I've guided and left my mark on many young men's life. In a sense, you could have said that I've plenty of godsons. They've brought me much joy and pain. also got to know a couple of great friends. Take Adrian for example, had I not signed on. I probably would not have known him. And if not for him, I wouldn't have gotten to know my significant other. Also, I'd probably be studying in a local University right now.


2000

I broke up with a girl I'd loved dearly. Erm...dumped would have been a better word. Because of my obession with her, the break off greatly affected me. I couldn't bring myself to concentrate on my studies, couldn't go back to TKD...(got my balls kicked the first day I went back.... I'm serious, was in hospital too) I also took up smoking, a habit I've stayed away from. Its ironic how I resorted to doing something that I hated for such a long time. But then, I hated myself back then so it wasn't a big deal that two of my most hatred are together. Bad things seems to keep coming together. I had lost a good friend to a tragic accident later. A maternal uncle followed shortly afterwards, he was beaten to death. Apparently had something to do with drugs... Maternal grandma died from stroke and Granddad left soon after. I was simply devastated that year. It almost seemed like the world was ending... I never got the chance to tell them that I loved and cherish them. Told myself not to hold back my feelings and cherish everyone as if i'd never have the chance again. If all these hadn't happened, I'd probably have gotten better results for my 'A' levels and signing on won't even be in my mind.

Year 1998

This is the year when I was playing around and breaking hearts. I had more girlfriends than I could have handled. As a result, I failed my promotion exams that year. Should have known better than to bite more than I could chew. I simply went mad with the excitement of having to juggle simultaneous relationships. I'd also broke the heart of a girl who loved me deeply. She was my first girlfriend and yet I was able to cause her pain again and again. I would kick my own ass if I could go back in time....

Year 1996

Was getting ready to prepare for my 'O' levels.... Paternal granny left us. She had always been there and I never knew how much she meant to me. Kept crying myself to sleep for the first few weeks. Never really recovered so I took up Tae Kwon Do and devoted myself to the study of self defence....somemore exerting my body numbed my mind since I knew I didn't do well for my exams. Should have pushed those negative energy to something more constructive like burying myself in books....

Year 1993

Got myself enrolled into Hua Yi Secondary when I had the chance to get in Clementi Secondary. May not seem like much difference but it was not as rough as Hua Yi. I probably would have been a better student since Hua Yi was really a gangsters' paradise....


(Will continue when there's time....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home