Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blog blocked

Been having blogger's block again. Its not that I couldn't find anything interesting to blog about but rather forgetting about what I want to blog about. I'd come across things that triggered some opinions but once I sit in front of my laptop, I feel like the village idiot.

Now that I've got too much time on my hands, I suppose the words will start to trickle and eventually flow out of me. Nonetheless, the last inspiration I got was from mooiness. It's regarding those comic that originally was printed in the Danish Newspaper. anyway the whole thing blew out of proportions when neighbouring countries re-printed them. Then some Muslims got infuriated and decided to retaliate with violence by burning the relevant embassies and flags. So people started talking about the right to freedom of speech and others began to rattle on about the responsibilities behind such a right. Both are true in their own right and wrong in their actions. Let's think of this in an analogy.

Kid A for no apparent reason decides to tease Kid B about his father's looks. Kid B naturally got angry and decided to get even. He decided that he would cut up Kid A's schoolbag and burn his homework.

If you think of this carefully, the analogy is almost the exact replica of what happened.

1. Kid A provoked Kid B for no good reason but he has a right to express how he feels about B's dad.
2. Kid B took 'revenge' because he loved his father and refused to accept insults of any kind.
3. These are what you would expect kids to do since they wouldn't know any better.

Normally, both kids will be punished if this scenario happened in school. But what if they're grown ups with the mind of children?

To sum it up, I think humans still don't know how to live with each other. Its almost as if we crave for conflict with each other. A boy will be back on his old tricks again the moment he forgets the pain a cane can inflict on him. So will people be looking for trouble once they've been at peace for so long. So unless someone makes the two kids apologise to each other and shake hands, I supposed there may be no end to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home