Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

With great powers, comes great responsibility.

After observing the online saga between a few girls, the 'quote' from Spiderman came to me again. I know that it has been a little over-used (its starting to become a little rancid as well) but it rings true time and again. With great power comes great responsibility! Believe it or not. Popularity endows one with a certain power over the masses. That is why public figures are very careful of what they say or do.

Don't we all remember what happened to Fann Wong when she received her first award? She innocently (maybe it was a smug remark... come to think of it, might have been a brainless remark) proclaimed that now that she's got the award, she doesn't know what to aim for the next year. She was flamed left, right, centre, upside-down,rightside-up, inside-out and outside-in for that comment.

So, as much as BM didn't want to associate herself with the other three girls or that XX didn't want to hang around with 'foreign talents'. We can't really say who's wrong and who's right. Both are expressing their own opinions. Yet, the words they use have such an effect that they got people to hate them, insult them and even sign petitions to 'boycott' them!

I suppose, no one really know what kind of powers they possess until they see the backlash these powers can bring. Like a double sided blade, power can strengthen you or bring you to your knees.

1 Comments:

Blogger Xed said...

How do u tell that a blogger simply has nothing better to do? When he starts commenting on his on blog entries... Yes, I'm seriously bored out of my wits. I was doing a little catch up on the saga...AGAIN... See how desperate I've become? Anyway, the flames have apparently died and the ashes are settling down. The issue has not be resolved but I guess its no longer as heated as before. Things tend to happen that way, doesn't it? No fights lasts forever. I guess its too tiring to continue hating and fighting. Though a catfight might be interesting to watch. Imagine that! BM vs XX! LIVE at the National Stadium! Get ready for all the hair pulling, shirt ripping and face scratching fight!

Hahaha, sure will earn lots of income from the ticket sales.( Obviously I've lost my marbles for even suggesting something like that...)

Sun Jan 15, 06:49:00 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home