Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Insanity again.

I was reading my own entry of soldier's insanity and realised that it wasn't just any story that popped into my head. In very much sense, I was both soldiers depicted in the story. The injured private was the old self. Fatelly wounded and wanting death to be swift. The other soldier was the new me, I have to keep telling myself to stand tall and survive. Despite everything that's been thrown at me, I wll not back down. Though I feel remorse for the death of my old self, there is no time for mourning. The battle goes on and I have to fight my demons alone.

Someone asked me before, "Why put in so much effort? Why not take the easy way out?" Let me now reply that with more questions.

"There are two man, one climbs the Mount Everest while the other climbs Bukit Timah Hill. Who would have a greater sense of achievement? Who would have greater pride? Who is the stronger man?"

Naturally, people would think that the man who has climbed Everest the better man. That is why I refuse to walk the easy path anymore. I've been putting off things, escaping reality, avoiding conflict. I want to toughen myelf up. I want to cherish what I have more than ever. Don't ask me why am I taking the harder route anymore. Just watch while I stand at the peak of Everest with proud tears in my eyes. Looking at the beauty of the Earth from that vantage point, I'll be able to tell you that its all worth it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

登的山比别人高,不代表就是比别人好。

武吉知马山虽然不高,可是若那个登山的人,得拼了命才成功地登上它的话,就算只是小小的武吉知马山,能够攀登也是个伟大的成就。

重要的,不是山的高度,而是登山者所付出的努力。

Tue Nov 08, 01:45:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

That's exactly what I meant. Who is putting in more effort?

Tue Nov 08, 06:39:00 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home