Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Rantings from an idle man.

I'm bored bored bored bored. Today's a public holiday cos its the first day of Ramadan or the fasting month for the Muslims. So different from Singapore. Its usually a quiet affair and most of the ignorant will only know about Ramadan after its over. Not that they're making a big hoo haa about it here though. Usually on Sundays and public holidays, there are plenty of shops that won't open for business. Its almost like they don't need the business or the weekend crowds.

Which brings me to another issue. The crowds usually appear at the end of the months around the 20th to 30th or 31st. What happens to the crowds after that? They go low on cash, so they try not to come out altogether. At least that's what I'm told. Imagine a whole nation that goes shopping around the same time and stay home around the same time. So different from back home sia... In Singapore its usually crowded or extremely crowded or the Kanninabehlacannotevensqueezethru crowd which usually happens around Christmas and New Year (including the CNY one...)

What I'm going to do the moment I land in Changi's dearly missed terminals? I'm going to get myself a Burger KingĀ® meal and bite into some real beef patties. Abstain from pork I can live with but don't deprive me from good quality beef. If beef patties are sub-standard here, what do you think the steaks are like? Ok all this talk about food is getting me hungry... going to smoke...at least the cigarettes are cheap and imported from US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home