Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Bits and Pieces of Life and Death

Having close brush with death just last week, I felt that Death was just lurking around the corner just to give me signs that he still exists. So I decided to pay him a visit during the weekends. While chatting with him, I saw a journal on his desk. It was his personal diary of his first few years with Life. With his permission, I've extracted parts of his autobiography and posted it to my blog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


For as long as I could remember, I was alone. There was nothing, I am nothing. Only I existed. However, the only feelings I had didn't include loneliness. No... in fact I didn't even have have inkling of the idea of what loneliness is. All I felt was emptiness and the hollow inside of me. He was invisible when he came to me. I couldn't see him for what he was, I could only feel his presence. I could feel that he was doing something but I wasn't sure what. I wasn't fearful of him. Fear was not an emotion I was acquainted with. Like a gust of wind, time started flowing and light seared my eyes for the first time. When I opened my eyes again, I couldn't see him. Instead, I saw her. It was a 'she' all along. She was the only one I had ever seen and in my heart I knew that she'd be the most beautiful in the time to come. So as I set my eyes on her at the beginning of time, my heart felt a flood of emotions I've never encountered before. Feelings so foreign raided my heart, leaving me breathless and my head dizzy. I felt overwhelmed by joy and fear at the same time. Joy for all the time I'll be spending with her. Fear for the day that I'll lose her.

Without a word, she smiled at me as she stepped towards me and held me in an embrace. Warmth filled me as I held her too in my arms. At that moment, I realised that the hollowness I had inside of me was vanquished by her. Gleefully, she squirmed out of the hug after some time and began meddling with her newfound powers. She started with easy things like dust and rocks As she got better and better at creating, she began creating stars and planets then eventually star systems and galaxies. The void that I was, is no longer empty. We fitted together like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Different in our own right and yet perfect for each other...


~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eons passed and Life (she made various names for herself and me) has already made boundless creations. She was happy from creating and so was I from watching her. I discovered my abilities purely by serendipity. I was admiring a red star that she had made a few million years before. She was particularly fond of the burning star and I wanted to have a closer look at it. Unfortunately, at the instant of my touch. The star exploded into a supernova. Trying to undo the damage, I tried to find out the cause of the sudden change. Touching the sun again only made it implode into a blackhole. She saw the whole thing and smiled at me. I was surprised at her reaction. It was her favourite and I've caused its death. She should be scowling at me instead of smiling. Reading my mind from my confused expression at her, she told me with a girlish giggle that she had grown tired of that old thing. Having discovered that I had the faculty to bring forth destruction and death with the merest of contact however, I wasn't curious at how extensive my powers were. I knew for sure that my powers matched those of Life. If my abilities were indeed far greater than hers, there was no need for me to prove it. We are equals, there isn't any need to show who's superior.

Soon enough, I learnt to massacre her 'artwork' adroitly. She was running out of space and the discovery of what I can do came at an appropriate time. There were certain things she would wanted me to keep my hands off until she wants to get rid off. She assured me that nothing she created shall be for eternity. Only the love that we have for each other shall last for eternity and beyond the even the death of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home