Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Another day

Today's the Sultan's birthday. the streets of the capital were closed in the morning for a parade. Various places around the country were decorated with light-ups which rivaled those that were put up during the Muslim holidays. Its supposed to be special this year since its His Majesty's 60th. Personally I don't really see what the fuss is all about. So the country has declared today as a public holiday and everyone gets to rest...but then I thought it doesn't really make a difference since the peopl doesn't really take their work seriously on normal days anyway... Ok, I know I know, I really should stop bad-mouthing the country. I really have to admit though, that my 1 year sojourn here has made me really appreciate Singapore. Things are a lot more cheaper (not counting the pirated dvds) and convenient. Sure the government doesn't give us as much freebies as the Brunei Sultan but it only made sure that the people work for themselves and for the country.

Speaking of Singapore, I'm so glad that I'll be back in a week's time. Though its only going to be for a few days but at least I get to spend precious time with her. Moreover, after the trip, I only have one more month to spend in Brunei before coming back for good! YES!!! Its the end of my tour of duty here!!! (Its really hard to resist the temptation of cheap cigarettes! And I'm proud to say I've stayed away for 10 months!!!)

Moreover, I won't be always bored!!! This country really has nothing to offer in terms of entertainment values. The movie theatres are sub standard, there is no night life there's not even a decent video arcade centre! I miss having a 7-11 just around the corner....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home