Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A gentler story

I realised that much of my 'stories' are kinda violent. People who knows me, knows that I have a sensitive side too. *hears laughter in the background* Hey, I do have a softer side. I'm just not good in expressing myself. SOOooooo..... I'm going to try to write something a little romantic. (Its my first attempt and it will probably be pathetic so its ok to laugh at it.)


Vanessa twirled her teaspoon in her coffeecup, stirring its contents mindlessly. Staring out the expansive glass window of her favourtie delicatessen and into the drizzle, she remicising the times when she would be cuddling in Paul's arms while watching snowflakes descending. She'd have her head on Paul's chest and him leaning on the wall. Tears swelled up in her eyes as the pain tore into her heart once again. She was the one who initiated the break up and refused to pick up his calls. To make it worse, she couldn't even confide in her best friend for 15 years. How could she, when it was Nellie that Paul was kissing? Seeking comfort from the very person who betrayed you is impossible... (Can't do it... Its so hard... told u ppl its pathetic...)

8 Comments:

Blogger Fifi Shoppalot said...

Kekekekekekekekekeke......

Thu Jun 01, 02:34:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Hen*Shi said...

Awww... You need abit more inspiration. A muse perhaps?

Thu Jun 01, 08:42:00 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually was quite keen to know why nellie was thinking when she kiss paul. I won't bother asking what paul's thinking cos most guys think with their erhmmm...

Fri Jun 02, 10:36:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

Well, when I was writing this, I kinda had a few idea why Nellie did that. One of them is the convenient way out - Paul was merely blowing dirt out from Nellie's eyes but Vanessa thought they were kissing from the angle she saw them. Another one is Nellie actually was doing it to spite her own boyfriend and Paul was a reluctant party. Paul's isn't really supposed to be unfaithful to Vanessa in any case.

Tue Jun 06, 03:59:00 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oic..
Perhapes then Nellie could have a inferior complex and harbour a secretive liking for her best friend's boyfriend. Nellie would want to be Vanessa. She wants to Vanessa's career, family, friends and even take over her life.
Now that will be quite a story ain't it?

Wed Jun 07, 04:58:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Fifi Shoppalot said...

Single White Female???

Xed, as for the two plots that you suggested... either you've been watching too many TV dramas or you've read one too many bad romance novels :P (can't be from me, in that case)...

In my opinion, Paul and Nellie probably had a torrid affair behind her back, and now she needs to rebuild her life (and not by finding a new man either). Nope, she has to do it herself, then, mebbe meet someone...

Wed Jun 07, 05:04:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

Well, I also have had the notion of letting her go lesbian for a while...kinda like a long road to search for herself so as to recover.....but all this is too tedious for me.

Wed Jun 07, 07:32:00 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lesbian is too way off the plot.

I rather have Paul and Nellie run off to somewhere exotic like Maldives to get married there without telling Vanessa.

Vanessa would be rebuilding her own life until she got a letter from her dying mother to invite her to spend her last days in Maldives!

There Vanessa would learn that Nellie is actually her step sister!! She would have to swallow her feelings and pride to make her mother happy and bear with Paul and Nellie, flaunting their love in front of her.

Until a handsome charming man comes along and swept Vanessa off her feet...

Thu Jun 08, 12:32:00 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home