Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Wind surfing

Yesterday, I got a 'be-lated' valentine day present. It was a one day course at windsurfing! I've always wanted to pick up windsurfing but .....ok lah, I procrastinated! So the course today consists of two parts. Part 1 was in the morning, we learnt how to sail with the wind and do a basic U-turn. Then we went out to the waters for practical. There was a light breeze in the morning so it was kinda easy to control. There a slightly strong gust of wind picking up just before the end of Part 1. It was then I realised how shiok it actually is to have the wind empowering your ride. The speed you feel is very much different from the conventional kind you get from vehicles. Those kind of speed, you feel the wind pushing against you. But when you are pushed ahead by the wind, it feels like you're part of it and its all so natural!

Then came part 2 after lunch. This time, we're taught how to turn the sail while upwind or downwind. While we were on shore practicing with the 'simulator', there was a pretty strong wind blowing. I could see a lot of windsurfers having fun out in the sea. I was itching to go already... when we finally concluded with the simulator, the wind died!!! I could see that there was a storm still brewing but yet the wind was almost none existent.... Pushing my trainee board and sail out to the sea, I hoped that the wind would pick up again somehow. To my dismay, it didn't.... Si Beh Sian Lor!! Finally understood what it means to be 'posing' on the water. I didn't like that at all. After a few minutes of 'posing', I decided that male modelling is not the kind of work I'm into and lowered my sail into the waters. Then the storm came in and soon it was raining cats and dogs with the occassional lightnings... So disappointing... Inside I was boiling, so I decided that the rain should just cool me down while I help keep the equipment.

If it wasn't for the nice dinner at the end, I would probably be pissed about the wind till now. I'm going back out there to try again. I think I'm addicted to the feeling of becoming one with the wind....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home