Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sick

Down with high fever and a bout of flu last week. Just when things were getting busy for me, I had to collapse with illness.

Was already feeling weird on Tuesday but I decided to self medicate. On Wednesday morning I was feeling like I'm back on my feet and ready to go. By afternoon, I felt feverish but I had to persist in with my work. Just some time before dinner time, I felt the world swirl and grow distant. Suddenly I blacked-out in an office, my knees buckled for a split second and I caught myself before I hit my head from the danger of passing out. I tried to stand but lost my balance and had to go back to a 'half-squat' position. I was told to sit down on the floor immediately by the officer. (As irony would have it, he was the unit officer and we were preparing for the unit safety day...)

Scalding tears swelled in my eyes before flowing out on their own accord, creating rivers of salty water that evaporated almost immediately. I felt so ashamed that I had couldn't hold out for another half an hour. (Whoever said 'Mind over body' obviously needs a whopping real good.) Once my body has given in, the mind starts to falter. I just sat there for 5-10 mins and couldn't even string my thoughts out straight. My boys came over and applied some medicated oil on my temples before helping me back to my office. As I laid on my sofa, I took controlled deep breaths and slowly got myself back up on my feet. Going for dinner, I took more medicine and went to sleep immediately.

2224hrs

I woke up feeling pain and sore all over my body. It was like I had transformed in some baker's dough that has been kneaded repeatedly and am sitting in a hot oven. Heat emanated from inside my body like my organs were burning under iron molten. I messaged her and told her of my condition. I was suffering under such intense 'discomfort' (in the lack of a better word) that I became a little delirious. I got help from the duty officer (luckily he was bunking next door) and he arranged for a vehicle to bring me to the hospital.

0100 hrs

Having returned from hospital, my pain has slightly subsided due to my lethargy and exhuastion. I fell asleep waking up the next day for meals and medication (and some TLC over the phone).

On Friday, I got right back to work and kept my body condition in check. Drinking plenty of water as well as adequate rest, I need to get healthy again. I don't want her to worry over me and feel helpless the way she was the night I went to the hospital. (I know how terrible it feels...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lawrence said...

bro, that's the con of having long distance relationship... don't ever make her feel helpless again, take care of yourself and come back in one piece, SOON....

Tue Jun 20, 12:59:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

You kotei u. You think I want it to happen? It's not as if i go running in the rain naked and hope to make myself catch a cold. I took medication and drank plenty of water to prevent the illness from going full blast but no use lah. I also hope I won't fall sick.

Tue Jun 20, 05:53:00 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home