Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Saya sekarang 'botak'

Yep, I am now a baldie... Had an accident with an indian barber last weekend. I asked him for a number 2 cut for my side and back. The bugger just nodded and started the haircut. All was going well at first. He was shaving the right side of my head and suddenly he just went up... The moment he did that, I grabbed on to his hand to stop the damage. I looked in the mirror and saw that there was no hope in trying to cover up the error. So I had no choice but to resign to fate, I looked at him and told him to go on with it and shave my head completely. And so, I went back to camp looking like a recruit. Funny thing is, ppl seem to treat me differently after the haircut. Then I found out why... the boys from my office told me I look a lot more fierce and hostile with the haircut. Maybe that's the real reason but I find it funny that ppl are scared of me because of my haircut...

Anyway, I was reading angry doctor's blog and found something interesting. Apparently there is this 'Hair for Hope' campaign going on in Singapore. Organised by the Children's Cancer Foundation, the objective is to invite members of the public to shave their heads and tell the cancer stricken children and their families that they are not alone in their fights against cancer. It is also to help raise funds for the CCF.

So if you don't mind losing your hair for a while ( I'm presuming your hair still grows out of your scalp normally...), why not do something meaningful and register yourselves for a shave? Its for a good cause. (Moreover, you won't be able to tease me when I come back with a shaved head. :P)

2 Comments:

Blogger rinaz said...

I cant imagine myself bald ... Even if my hair is tangly and annoying, its still something that I'd like to keep anyways :]

Hows it going for you?

Fri Jul 14, 04:50:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

Can feel more wind in my hair (what little I have left) now.

Sat Jul 15, 02:32:00 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home