Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A few more days to go

My replacement has arrived as of yesterday. When I was sorting out the things I have to hand over to him, I realise that the job scope from when I started till now has evolved drastically. Also, I realised that though my predecessor took one whole week to teach me the ropes, there wasn't really a lot of things that I had to learn. What took him a week would probably take me a day or two to pass down. There are quite a number of responsibilities taken from my job scope but so have a few been added. Overall, I've lesser (but heavier...) responsibilities to hand over and that means a shorter time span for the under study period. Suddenly 3 working days seem like an awful long period.

Now that the date of my return is drawing closer, I am kinda getting more worried about adapting to Singapore. It's easier to save money here ( in Brunei) because I draw a larger amount of pay and there isn't really much I can spend on. So its going to be quite tough to resist the temptations of spending money when I'm back at home. I really hope that I can maintain the habit of spending only on what I need instead of what I want. One thing for sure, I need to buy new clothes... Going back home the last few times, I observed that I don't really own a lot of clothes, I usually wear what my brothers have or mix and match with my own. ( The bliss of having siblings when you are too darn lazy to go shopping) See! Haven't go back and I already thinking about how to spend my money liao!!! Die lar like that!! *hears bad fifi sniggering in the background*

To digress, I was checking out my own blog entries from a year ago and saw that my writing style have changed too. I suspect its because of the absence of Al. Al's a good friend and employee and not having him around to mess with my head and bodily functions is probably why I don't write wacky entries anymore. Another good reason is the amount of novels I've been reading. To date, I've read about 50 plus novels... probably more cos I really lost count. Yes yes, that roughly gives you an idea of how much free time I have on my hands. What do you expect me to do when there is practically zero night life here? Reading was an old habit of mine when I was way younger (I'm not kidding) and I supposed its almost like being re-acquainted with an old friend. You don't know how much you're missing out until you do some catching up with each other. This also goes to say, I better be keeping my friends in contact when I come back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*ahem*

badfifi has turned over a new leaf ok??? anyway, you already have quite a few new items, no??

when at work, you have to wear your uniform, so don't need that many new clothes right?? :P

as my mum always tells me: buy what you need, not what you want!!!

*blink blink*

Sun Aug 20, 11:51:00 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home