Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

An exclusive interview

Ladies and gentlemen, today I am honoured by the presence Death. Yes, it the Grim Reaper himself. In the flesh! Today, he has visited my blog to help clear some misunderstandings and myths we've had. Without further ado, let's put our hands together and give my guest the warmest welcome.
*Imaginary applause and some jeering from the sides*

Me: Hello Death, how are you?

Death: I'm fine, thank you. And oh, call me Grim. No need to be formal.

Me: Alright Grim. So tell us what's your job like?

Grim: Well, there's a misconception I'd like to clear here. See, most people think of me as the one who ends life for all living things. You see, I actually bring an end to other stuffs as well. You know the Berlin Wall? I took it down. Death to West Germany and East Germany. You see what I mean?

Me: So you’re saying that you put an end to everything?

Grim: Yes. Whatever you can think of, life, relationships, situations…. I put an end to it all.

Me: That’s a mighty big job then. So what’s your relationship like with Life?

Grim: Life? She’s a nice girl, very creative I must say. Just a little sloppy though. That’s where I come in. You can say that I’m her housekeeper. Me: I’m sorry but what do you mean? Grim: She creates pretty much every thing you see around you. I decide what to put away. Clear away for space so that she’ll have more room for new creations.

Me: For example?

Grim: Just take a look at the human population. Imagine what it would be like if everyone was immortal. No deaths. Everyone gets to live forever. The Earth would have been overpopulated over a thousand years ago.

Me: I wouldn’t mind being immortal…

Grim: I know you would but look at it from my point of view. If everything could last till eternity, would you still cherish them as much? Would time be precious to you? You’d take Life for granted and I can tell you, she will be very upset.

Me: But wouldn’t that give you lots of hate mail? Because you bring death to the beautiful things people love and cherish.

Grim: Firstly… I don’t really have an address for people to send me hate mail… And precisely because I am able to take away things they cherish and love, it gives them a reason to hold dear to what they have. Moreover, no matter what Life throws at you. You can be sure of one thing. I will be there to put a stop at it. No matter how rich or poor, healthy or sickly, popular or despised, I am waiting for you at the end of the road. I will always be there… waiting.

Me: Well, that’s all the time we have today. Thank you Grim, for gracing your presence in my blog.

Grim: Thank you for having me here.

Me: Well folks, if you have further questions for Grim here. Just put in a comment at this blog entry and I’ll do my best to get an answer from Grim for you. Thanks for reading! Cheerios!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee. This was a good one.

Here's my question for Death. Is he hire-able? Like can I hire his services to "clear rubbish" from the face of the earth? Or if I wish hard enough (like evert monring wake up and wish type), will it kinda have some effect???

Oh, and PS: Does he look anything like Brad Pitt??? :P

Wed Jun 22, 09:25:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

He says he looks way better than Brad Pitt since he can manipulate how he looks. He does things by his own will so its kinda hard to make him do your bidding. Maybe if you keep bothering him, he might just give up.

Wed Jun 22, 02:05:00 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Considering how good I am at bugging people, I think I stand a pretty good chance, don't you?? :)

Wed Jun 22, 05:24:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

......Please don't kill me....

Thu Jun 23, 01:08:00 am GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... now you know my power!!!!!!

Eh if he looks better than Brad Pitt, can I marry him??? :P

Thu Jun 23, 08:50:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger elfina said...

Jade, you sure you want to marry Death and roam the hell with him?

Xed, can I have one little question for Death?
"What is on the other side?"
Any hunks? Any unlimited tax-free ciggies and booze? Any shopping mall as big as Disneyland?

Thu Jun 23, 11:54:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

OK, you may not like this. But he says there is no other side... At least none that he knows of. See he was known as Nothing even before Life was born. And when he ends something for example me...it becomes part of him... Nothingness. Kinda Cheem right?

Oh yah, he's not planning on getting married or anything... Marriage is for life and he has got a pretty long life lor....

Fri Jun 24, 12:09:00 am GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xiaozhu,

See, Hell, I figure, is just a concept. The way I see it, Death roams the earth more than he lingers in Hell. Hey, maybe Hell doesn't even exist!

Xed,

Ok, no marriage. How about a nice um... de facto agreement?? :)))

Fri Jun 24, 09:29:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger elfina said...

Xed,

If we were to became nothingness, as what you put it, then how come there are still stories of ghosts huh? Or am I given a choice to be part of him or I could choose to stay on earth as a wandering spirit?

Hmmmmm..... Getting cheem here.

Fri Jun 24, 11:08:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

Those ghosts or spirits are in a sense part of Life. People who dies and become spirits are like children torn away from their mothers. They are unwilling to let go completely and thus remain on Earth. Since they don't actually take up space, Death takes his time getting rid of them. But eventually he does, just a matter of when. In a sense you choose to be a wandering spirit or not.

Death doesn't only roam the Earth. He is all around the universe. You do know that the universe is vast with Nothingness right? Regarding the de facto agreement... he says he's not the commitment type so there...

Fri Jun 24, 04:08:00 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bullshit. I bet you just wanna hog him to yourself!!!!!!!! Hmph.....

*starts considering abt bugging Death to deal with Xed...*

**********JOKE!!!!!!!!!!***********

Mon Jun 27, 01:24:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

Ok ok, I'm BSing you. Truth is, his heart is totally devoted to Life. He's going to be there for her all the way even until she ceases to exist. Touching right?

Mon Jul 04, 02:55:00 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home