Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Crossroad puzzles.

Yes, you've read my title correctly. I wrote crossroad, not crosswords. Been off the blogosphere for some time now so this blog entry has been long overdue. Recent events have caused me to treasure the time I have in Singapore a little bit more. No, I'm not going to Australia for overseas studies as I planned. Everything fell through when my manpower officer threw the organisation directives in front of me and told me what I want is nearly impossible. So instead, they're flying me off to the Bruneian jungle. They're having a crisis over there... seems like the mosquitoes are malnourished.

Well, no regrets. I chose this line of work in the first place. Plus I even volunteered for this a couple of years back. Since I've got no commitments locally (no gf, no wife no car...), why not?

So why crossroad puzzle? Since everyone have been bitching (or commenting...whichever term you prefer)about Life and regrets, here's my bit of contribution. I don't like having regrets. Life for me is like driving a car. (No...I'm not copying...I've always thought so since young.) Those who heard about my driving escapades know that I neglect looking into my mirrors. Be it rearview or side. Hell, I don't even check my blindspots! That's the same as my 'Life vehicle' that I'm driving. I don't like looking back! Especially if I've just been through a crossword junction and taken a turn. I don't think about whether I've taken the wrong turn or whether I'd be in a better place. I don't even think about whether there will be a petrol station where I can take a toilet break. I'll just make a pit stop whenever I need and take a 'walk' in nature for a while.

I get hitchhikers once in a while, groups sometimes. I even got car-jacked by these hitchhikers occasionally. Nowadays, people keep telling me to find myself a co-driver (machiam co-pilot except drive instead of fly lah). Ok I digress... obivously driven myself to the road shoulder here. Let me just flick on me hazard lights and take a smoke break...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree!!!! You just go along and see where you end up. Not always good, y'knoe?? Later end up in Changi Village how??? Hmm...unless you may enjoy that....

Must look where you're going once in a while, check your blindspot from time to time (who knows, there might be a chiobu on the bike in your blindspot!)...

In Life, can choose destination and plan the route you gonna take there one, y'know y'know?? Mebbe sometimes got road construction or the road did a Nicoll Highway, can detour and still make it to where you want to go wat.

Don't always blindly go leh. Later end up not in Changi Village but uh...working at Desker Road back alley how???? ;(

Mon Jul 04, 04:14:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

See, that's the point! Once you swerve blindly into changi village without knowing the perils of going there late at night. You LEARN not to go there late at night...(at least not by yourself anyway) Plus there is so much unexpected stuff to see!

I used to plan everything. Then I realised at a tender age of 7, life don't always be as planned. Hell, I suspected that I was born of a shotgun marriage when I was 12.

So if I do end up driving up to a collapsed Nicoll Highway, I'll tighten my seatbelt and rev my engine harder to make the leap of faith ( or luck...) Whatever doesn't kill me maketh me stronger. Muahahahaha!

Mon Jul 04, 04:23:00 pm GMT+8  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Siao eh!!!!!!

So you rather learn through bad experiences (or maybe to you, they're NOT bad :P) not to go to Changi Village then to just avoid going there in the first place???

That's like knowing there are sharks in Sea A but not caring enough to make sure you go to Sea B. Just whack and if end up in Sea A so be it?????

That's damn siao eh y'know y'know?????

Mon Jul 04, 04:34:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger elfina said...

Anywayz....Thought you do not a driving licence yet???

*cover my head and run*

Tue Jul 05, 12:32:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

Yeah, no license but I've taken some driving license plus... Don't tell anyone but I've driven illegally before. Just a couple of times...

Thu Jul 07, 02:45:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger elfina said...

..........

*face turn blue*

5 mins later....

*vomit*

Fri Jul 08, 04:39:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger elfina said...

Never want to sit in your car or the matter any car / vehicle you drive.

Fri Jul 08, 04:39:00 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home