Are you reading my mind? Or are you getting lost in it?

Don't presume you know me, cos I sure as hell don't.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Raiders!

I found a short 'story' which I wrote back in 2001, when I was still 20. Decided to post i here for old times sake.


The night air was pierced by the loud droning of the helicopter's rotor blades. I pulled my pig mask over my face and breathed hard. I looked at my team. They were ready and I gave the pilot a thumb up to signal our departure. The pilot returned the sign and I nodded to my men. One by one we jumped off the open door and fell out the helicopter.

I spread out my arms and legs and during the freefall to maintain my balance. As though by instincts, I grabbed at my safety cord and stopped my fall. My body jerked violently upwards at the impact. I tensed up for a while and released the rope. Rappeling myself to the ground, I ripped the remaining ropes off before the chopper flew off.

I flipped a switch on my helmet and images of green came into my goggles.

"Night vision On. Alpha 00,Radio check, over" I said over the communicator.

The radio crackled a while before I heard the response.

"This is Alpha 01, radio check, over."
"Alpha 02 radio check, over."
All six men responded in the same manner.

"Operation to commence in 5,4,3,2...."
I looked away from my watch and started running towards the building. On the way I loaded my carbine with a full magazine while surveying the surroundings. At 10 metres in front of the door, team Alpha assembled in the vegetation.

"Alpha 5 and 6, movement to the rear of target. Alpha 3 and 4, you will be reserve and look out. Alpha 2, you will snipe from the side. Alpha 1, we will be storming through the front in T minus 2 minutes. Go!"

The men scrambled off on their feet silently and moved into position. "Alpha 2, situation report."

"Sir, the heat sensor indicates 15 men. I am unable to locate the hostages from my position."

"Team Alpha, keep your eyes open for the hostages. I want zero casualties on this. Roger that?"

"Affirmative sir."

I gestured to my back and Rex ran into concealment and covered my back.

I kicked the door down and threw a smoke grenade in. When the grenade blew, I could see tear gas coming out of the room. Holding the rifle up, I went in and searched for signs of hostility.

There was two doors on my right and a hallway down the left. I ran to the hallway and aimed my weapon down the corridor."Coast's clear Alpha 1."

Rex came in immediately and saw me. He pointed at one of the door while I rammed my way in. Three of the terrorists were inside, apparently they were shot down by Blade who was sniping. I came back out and Rex bashed into the other door. There was obviously no one alive in there as he came out soon after.

We moved over to the hallway and proceeded to the next room. Cougar and Ice came to the room from an ajacent hallway and met up with us.

"Sir, we brought down 2 enemies in the northern sector."

"That's 10 more to go. Alpha 1 and 5 up the stairs, Alpha 6 and I will cover you."

Rex and Cougar ran up the stairs and scanned the next floor.
"Immediate area clear!"

I ran up to the second storey with Ice following closely behind....

Rushing up the stairway with Ice, we took our positions beside the walls and secured the area. Cougar and Rex came out and took the corners of the hall.

There was a coffee table and a couch facing a television that was switched on. A lighted cigarette was still burning in the ashtray on the table, indicating that the terrorists were here moments ago.

Three doors stood in front of us. We had to search the rooms systematically. BANG! All of us averted our attenion behind us to the gun shot and found ourselves pointing our rifles at the television screen. Obviously the terrorists thought it was us and stormed our through the doors.

"Take cover!" I commanded through the radio as I proned on the floor. The men reacted immediately just before bullets pierced the walls. Ka zut! Ka zut! Bullets flew out from the carbine fitted with silencers. All ten men fell as their blood spattered unto the walls behind them.

Recovering ourselves, we ran into the rooms and scanned for signs of the hostages. Unfortunately there wasn't anyone else in the rooms. It was then I saw something blinking on one of the terrorists' suits.

"EVACUATE!" The five of us scrambled down the stairs in double quick time. Light illuminated the walls of the stairwell and a huge explosion took place on the second storey. Cougar was the last man while coming down the stairs and he was thrown forward from the blast. Being a trained warrior, Cougar reduced his impact and rolled unto the floor.

"Alpha 6, are you alright?"

"I'm okay, sir.",Cougar answered me as he got back up unto his feet.

I turn back towards the stairway and found that the blast had blew a hole on the stairs.
"Cover me!", I ordered as I went towards the gaping hole. Pointing my rifle down, I peered in to look at the situation. Through my night vision goggles, I made out what seems like a doorway to a basement. The stairs were hollow and hid the basement entrance beneath. Kicking the wreakage away, I opened the door with my left hand.

The guiding laser on the carbine rifle scanned down the concrete steps leading down the basement. With no immediate danger, I gestured for Ice to back me up. The both of us went down to the underground cell while Cougar and Rex kept watch at the hallway.

From the corner of my eye, I saw movements. I swung to my right with quick reflexes and aimed my weapon at the shadows. A small whimper was heard and I realised it was the hostages. I locked my weapon with the safely catch and walked towards the three figures.

"Please...don't hurt us anymore", the lady cried as she held her children closer to her.

"Don't worry Ma'm. You're save now." I said as I held out my hand to her.

Ice and I helped the three hostages up to the hallway and settled them down. "Alpha 1, mission accompliushed. We have to go."

Rex informed the rest of the team as he took a small pistol out of a side pocket at his pants. He shot the three hostages at their chests swiftly and left towards the gathering point.

The sound of rotar blades cutting through the air could be heard from a distance. It wasn't our ride, our mode of transport wasn't airborne.

"Are the hostages dealt with yet?" I asked.

"Yes sir, the drugs have put them to sleep. They won't remember us when the CIA task force rescues them."

"Let's go now." I ran towards the lake with team Alpha following closely behind. Upon reaching the lake, I unzipped one of my ammo pouch and took out two canisters. Fixing the canisters on my pig mask, I was equipped to breathe underwater. "All ready?"

"Roger that sir"

Nodding at my men, I dived into the cold water and swam towards the other end of the lake.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See what happens when you sell your soul to the army, they take your brain and imagination as well :P

Thu Jul 14, 09:10:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

I wrote that before I signed on. Right after I started BMT I think.

Thu Jul 14, 08:52:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger elfina said...

Ahhh..... then if given the choice to edit it will you?

If I am allow to add....

For more movie worth effect, I rather the lady hostage swiped out a well hidden gun from her inner thigh and shot you. But she missed and got you at the knee. Swiftly, Ice shot her straight in mid of her forehead. Then you and Ice rescue the children.

Don't be offended that I add in the twist to your story ah.... I just watch too much James Bond / XXX / Tomb Raider / James Bourne movies liaos. Hehehe.

Sun Jul 17, 12:21:00 am GMT+8  
Blogger Xed said...

Not a bad idea but I don't like getting shot at. I'm afraid of pain...

Sun Jul 17, 12:23:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger elfina said...

Then why not like this.... She missed you and you swipe out the gun and shot her instead of Ice?

Mon Jul 18, 04:11:00 pm GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home